NASHVILLE – A free concert at Ascend Amphitheater and a mini fireworks show will take place on Wednesday July 3 to coincide with a Gold Cup semifinal soccer match between the US Men and Jamaica that evening, providing additional entertainment in advance of the city’s annual Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th, the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp announced today.
As part of “Start With a Kick & End With a Bang,” a free Family Fun Zone with activities and entertainment by DJ Robert Luke will take place on both July 3 and July 4 starting at noon at Music City Walk of Fame Park. Artists performing at Ascend Amphitheater on July 3 include headliner Alejandro Aranda performing as Scarypoolparty at 6:15 p.m., along with Bizz & Everyday People at 4 p.m. and The Whigsat 5 p.m. “Today In Nashville” personality Kelly Sutton will emcee. Gates at Ascend Amphitheater will open at 3 p.m.
The semifinal Gold Cup soccer match will take place at Nissan Stadium at 8 p.m., and a five-minute fireworks show, which will be shot from the East Bank, will follow at approximately 10 p.m. Tickets are still available for the Gold Cup game.
Let Freedom Sing! was recently listed by Travel + Leisure as one of the “Best Free 4th of July Fireworks Across the U.S.”
- Free and Fun: At the free Family Fun Zone at Walk of Fame Park on July 3 and 4, college football fans can take a free photo with The National Championship Trophy presented by Dr Pepper. This is the actual trophy for the upcoming 2019 season which will be awarded on the field at the College Football Playoff National Championship Game on Jan. 13, 2020 in New Orleans. It weighs approximately 50 pounds and is made of 24-karat gold, stainless steel and bronze. On July 3, Dr Pepper will sample full-size cans of the new Dr Pepper Dark Berry, and on July 4 they will have samples and giveaways. At the Dr Pepper Football Toss, test your football throwing accuracy at the Dr Pepper inflatable can. Green Giant, the iconic vegetable brand, will be sampling Green Giant® Veggie Tots in the Family Fun Zone Area. Loaded with veggies, not potato, Green Giant Veggie Tots are a great alternative to tater tots and fries. Only on July 3, join Allstate at the official “Day for Play” ahead of the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup™ semifinal match. This free public event encourages soccer fans and players alike to get outside and celebrate their passion for the sport with several fun activities.
- Try your soccer skills with goalkeeper battles against fellow competitors and pro soccer players.
- Pose for photos with the Gold Cup trophy before it takes the field during the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup Tournament.
- Bring your old soccer balls to trade in for brand new soccer balls. As part of Allstate’s promise to protect and preserve the sport of soccer, the company will recycle all worn out soccer balls and will offer brand new soccer balls in return.
- Get a chance to win tickets to the semifinal Gold Cup match on July 3.
Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th presented by Dr Pepper is a free, family-friendly event that showcases the GRAMMY-winning Nashville Symphony and one of the largest fireworks shows in the country. In a new partnership, CMTwill air a 90-minute live special that will include performances from headliner Brett Eldredge, highlights from Let Freedom Sing! and conclude with the acclaimed fireworks show.
Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th is produced by the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp for the city of Nashville. This is the 15th annual celebration produced by the NCVC and the 35th in the city.
As previously announced, live music will take place on July 4 at the Broadway Stage at Fifth and Broadway starting at noon, featuring Jackson Bruck & The Dukes of Hume and Creature Comfort, the 2018 and 2019 winners of Lightning 100’s Music City Mayhem, along with the Joe West Band and country artist Dylan Scott. The evening program will start at 5:45 p.m. with a welcome from Mayor David Briley and the National Anthem, leading into headliner and multi-platinum chart-topper Eldredge, along with performances from GRAMMY-nominated neo-soul/rock artist Jessy Wilson and Mac McAnally, a record breaking 10-time CMA Musician of the Year.
After Eldredge’s performance, the event will shift to Ascend Amphitheater around 9:10 p.m. and conclude with a 30-minute pyrotechnics show synchronized to a live performance by the Nashville Symphony. The program will feature patriotic recitations from Barry Scott.
Eldredge is a platinum-selling singer/songwriter. His current hit “Love Someone” is Top 20 on country radio and is the third single from his self-titled record, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Country Albums chart and the all-genre Top Albums Sales chart. McAnally is a member of the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame and Alabama Music Hall of Fame. Wilson has toured with Alicia Keys and written with John Legend and her first release as a solo artist, Phase, was written and recorded with producer Patrick Carney—drummer for the Nashville-based Black Keys.
Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th is presented by Dr Pepper and partners include Advance Financial, Anderson Benson Insurance, Kroger, General Jackson Showboat, Green Giant®, Navy Federal Credit Union, Peg Leg Porker, SoundWaves at Gaylord Opryland, Topgolf Nashville, Delta Air Lines, Tennessee Highway Safety Office: Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk, WSIX-FM – The BIG 98, NASH FM 103.3, 95.5 NASH ICON, Jack Daniel’s, and Budweiser.
Visitor packages to experience July 3-4 in Music City:
- Hotel stay + July 4th Fun Pack: July 4th Fun Pack includes commemorative July 4th event t-shirt, event koozie, hand-held American flag, patriotic folding hand fan, and a Nashville cinch bag to carry your items.
- Hotel stay + July 4th Fun Pack + Total Access Pass. The Total Access Pass is being offered at a special price of $65 per person (regular price is $75). Total Access Pass is Nashville’s official combo attraction pass. Select four attractions from a list of 30+ attractions and receive two bonus attraction tickets and two discounts.
- Hotel stay + July 4th Fun Pack + Soccer Game Tickets to the Gold Cup Semifinal on July 3. Seats are in lower section 111.
- Hotel stay + Soccer Game Tickets to the Gold Cup Semifinal on July 3. Seats are in lower section 111.
- Soccer Game Tickets to the Gold Cup Semifinal on July 3. Seats are in lower section 111. (No Hotel Stay Needed)
To book or if you have questions, please call 1-800-657-6910 or book online at visitmusiccity.com/july4th/july4thweekend#packages