Fair season is quickly approaching. Here are our top picks for the State of Texas:
TEXAS STATE FAIR – Dallas, Tx. – 9/27-10/20/19
The State Fair of Texas celebrates all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment.
As a celebration of Texas heritage, the State Fair aims to embody all aspects of Lone Star culture. Although much has changed since its humble beginnings as a local fair and exposition, the State Fair of Texas embraces its historical roots and strives to preserve the traditions upon which it was built.
Over 2.5 million people will attend. Home of fried beer,butter and bacon. Legend has it the corndog was invented here.
- Kendall County Fair and Rodeo – Boerne, Tx. – 8/29/19-9/1/19 – For more than 100 years, the Kendall County Fair Association has maintained its agricultural mission for the region. This annual festival includes vendors selling food, jewelry, and handcrafted items; a pageant; a rodeo and livestock show; and a parade on Main Street on Saturday morning.
- Gillespie County Fair – Fredricksburg, Tx. – 8/22-25/19- Every summer come out to the Oldest, Continuous County Fair in Texas. Relive the fun of the midway, the flavor of funnel cakes and sausage-on-a-stick, the pageantry of the Queen Contest, judging of pies, cakes, cookies, quilts and two-days of live parimutuel horse racing.
- Cotton Pickin’ Fair – Hillsboro, Tx- 9/27-28/2019 – This year’s 28th annual fair will also include an International Barbecue Cookers Association sanctioned State Championship BBQ cook-off. Prizes include 100% of the entry fees plus $1,000.
- Tri-State Fair and BBQ – Amarillo, Tx. – 9/13-21/2019- The largest family event in the Texas Panhandle, this fair and rodeo has livestock shows, a carnival, and great fair food. It was nominated in the top five medium-sized rodeos in the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association.
- North Texas Fair and Rodeo – Denton, Tx. – 8/16-24/2019- The annual nine-day fair and rodeo offers activities for all ages including live concerts, horse and livestock shows, contests, cookoffs, food, and games.
- Austin County Fair and Rodeo – 10/3-13/2019 – Belleville, Tx. – The fair begins early again this year with various events and contests including BBQ Cookoff & Margarita Contest, 5K Stampede, Stinky Sneaker Contest, Lil’ Wrangler Rodeo & Mutton Bustin’, Fair Queens Contest, Bull Blowout, Beer Fest, Arm Wrestling and more! Petting Zoo open daily.
- Comal County Fair – 9/20-29/2019- New Braunsfels, Tx.
- West Texas Fair and Rodeo – 9/6-14/2019 – Abilene, Tx. – This old fashioned county fair features children’s activities, entertainment, livestock and horse shows, carnival rides, exhibits, a PCRA rodeo and a wide variety of food. Sept. 6: Sneak-a-Peek Night Carnival rides only Sept. 7-14: WTF&R Sept. 7: Parade – 10 a.m. held in Downtown Abilene Sept. 11-14: PCRA Rodeo All events except the parade are held at the Taylor County Expo Center.