The coronavirus has at least made some if the nation’s biggest wifi providers unite in an effort to remain social , while social distancing.
Led by Comcast and Comcast Xfinity, At&T, and Charter all have announced free wifi.
Here’s what we know:
- Comcast Xfinity hotspots will be free for 60 days beginning Saturday
- Charter is offering free in home wi-fi for households with school age kids and college students. Only for those not already subscribed
- Comcast and At&T have lifted all data caps
- AT&T offering free hot spots
- T-Mobile announced that it would provide unlimited smartphone data to all current subscribers and increase the data allowance to schools and students using their digital learning programs.
- Verizon is among many providers who have cancelled disconnect and late fees for the extended periods. Check with your provider for full details.