Beaches, nature, the sound of the ocean. The serenity of Sarasota draws many to visit to either begin a life together or to renew the vows they have already taken.
A plethora of beaches and venues makes Sarasota, Florida a popular place for weddings and for engagements. So of the Y’all.com suggestions include:
- Siesta Beach catapulted into international stardom in 2011 and again in 2015 when awarded TripAdvisors’ Travelers’ Choice Award for Best Beach in North America. Couples will not regret sinking their toes into Siesta’s satin-sewn sand. Hyatt Siesta Key Beach, A Hyatt Residence Club, sits directly on the beach and provides concierge service.
- Canopy-covered roads lead you to Turtle Beach in Sarasota. Here the sand is courser and the beaches are less crowded.
- Couples can say their “I do’s” on the beach and then take a short drive to reception locations, such as Michael’s on East, a local fine-dining establishment, and The Francis, a chic downtown event space that opened in 2013.
- Longboat Key, home to extravagant condominiums and stunning wildlife sanctuaries, offers appealing venues. The Resort at Longboat Key Club boasts five on-site restaurants and event spaces.
- For total serenity and “Old Florida” charm, head to Manasota Key. Manasota Beach Club has been family-owned and operated for three generations and offers on-site event spaces and restaurants.
- Hammocked between Sarasota’s humming streets and Sarasota Bay, harmony and serenity are found at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens. Couples often wed under the ancient, sprawling banyan trees or a sophisticated gazebo overlooking the bay. Others choose to wed elsewhere and dine and dance at the Mansion or the Great Room near the bay.
Things to Know Before You Go:
- Every Valentine’s Day, thousands gather on Siesta Beach at sunset for the annual vow renewal, hosted by the Sarasota County Parks and Recreation Department.
- Marriage licenses are needed to marry in Florida. Licenses may be obtained at the Clerk of the Court Circuit Court, Marriage License Division of Sarasota County. There is a waiting period of three days after issuance, except for non-Florida residents.
- Be sure to plan ahead as all the keys are hot locations for weddings throughout the year and permission is required by Sarasota County.
- Specialized and talented local wedding planners make sure the planning or the wedding itself doesn’t turn into a three-ring circus. Consultants offer custom-planning services for turnkey weddings. visitsarasota.org/weddings