Yesterday we looked at the new rules of the XFL. Today, we will look at some familiar names, the teams, where to watch, and names to watch:
- Games start Saturday February 8th. 2 Games Sunday, 2 Games Saturday will be televised on ABC, ESPN, and FOX. Check local listings for times and stations.
- 8 teams 2 Divisions: Dallas, Houston, L.A., New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay, D.C.
- Team 9 is essentially an extra squad stocked with players available to fill open roster spots on any team in the league at any time. Say the St. Louis BattleHawks lose a safety in Week 2, they can “call up” a football-ready replacement in time to face the New York Guardians in Week 3.
Familiar Coaching Names
- Jim Zorn- Former Senator and Seahawks great is head coach for the Seattle Dragons
- June Jones – Former Head Coach at Hawaii and Atlanta Falcons, now HC for Houston Roughnecks.
- 2 big names from the OC staffs in the NFL , Kevin Gilbride and Marc Trestman will face each other in week 1 as head coaches of Tampa and New York.
- Jerry Glanville returns to the pros as the DC of the Tampa Bay Vipers…no word on if tickets will be available for Elvis.
- Oklahoma great Bob Stoops will coach the Dallas Renegades. Former Kentucky Coach Hal Mumme is OC.
Players To Watch
- Christine Michael- RB- Texas A&M – St. Louis Battlehawks
- Landry Jones- QB- Oklahoma- Dallas Renegades
- Aaron Jones – QB- Georgia- Tampa Bay Vipers
- Jarron Jones- LT- Notre Dame- Dallas Guardians
- Sammie Coates- WR- Southern Miss- Houston Roughnecks
- Cardale Jones- QB- OSU Buckeyes- DC Defenders
- Brandon Silvers- QB- Troy- Seattle Dragons
- Jordan Ta’amu- QB- Ole Miss- St. Louis Battlehawks