Memphis in May, Beale Street, BBQ, Graceland… The list of Memphis, Tn. fun things to do is endless. But, even more new things are making Memphis a serious contender as a destination city. Here are 10 new things to visit in 2019:
- Memphis Turns 200 – Memphis celebrates their Bicentennial by making Memphis in May a dual celebration with additional events celebrating the city.
- River Garden at Mississippi River Park- The beginning of a new effort to amp up Memphis’ riverfront. Features include pop up events, rope bridges, seasonal vegetation and more.
- Crosstown Concourse – Memphis’ award winning “vertical urban village”. Film, art, craft cocktails and delicious food highlight this attraction.
- Scooters – Drive responsibly and park your scooters properly, and they can be a new fun way to get around Memphis.
- Vintage Trolley Rides– They are back! $3.50 and you can trolley hop all day!
- Central Station – This re-vamped South Main Arts District is about to debut a movie theatre with electric recliners and rooftop viewing. New projects including a boutique hotel, retail and more are in the works.
- The Pink Palace – Newly re-modeled, the Pink Palace, has re-opened. The Pink Palace Museum is one of the largest facilities of its kind in the Southeast
- Society Memphis – A 10,000 sq. ft. indoor skateboard park complete with a coffe shop and skate shop in the Broad Avenue Arts District.