The Orr Family Farm,in Oklahoma City ,has long been a favorite stop for tourists and locals alike.
The Farm offers visitors a variety of agri-tainment experiences including a variety of rides, activities and educational opportunities. The Farm hosts birthday parties, group and corporate events, field trips and weddings.
Zip lines, a fully restored 1974 carousel, pony rides and panning for real gems are part of the fun.
But, it’s their newest edition that is getting attention: 13 historic Conestoga wagons for overnight stays accommodating up to a total of 88 guests. That’s right you and up to 8 guests can “rough it” with an overnight stay in a replica Conestoga Wagon.
The Conestoga Wagon was a large covered wagon used for long-distance travel, typically carrying pioneers in the westward migration. Most of you have seen them in western movies, or Little House On The Prairie.
So, to say you and your friends would be “roughing it” would be misleading. According to their site, here’s what you can expect:
- Wagons are fitted for camping with larger groups with four sets of bunk beds, sleeping eight people total.
- They provide plush mattresses, but guests will need to bring their own bedding or sleeping bags.
- All wagons are temperature controlled
- All wagons battery powered lanterns, bathrooms with private showers, and a private charcoal grill.
- You can upgrade to a king bed and 2 bunk beds to sleep 6
- And for the ultimate glamping experience 3 of the wagons offer private bathrooms and showers. And a 19′ Swim Spa.
- All guests receive access to the hospitality room including complimentary hot chocolate and coffee
- Check in is after 4 p.m. and check out is at 11 a.m
- Reservations are available year-round.
- Conestoga wagon rental starts at $195 per night plus tax. For more info click here.