Spring Break and summer is right around the corner. Beach season has begun for many. However, while the beach is fun and great, it’s not always a treat for skin and hair.
Here are 5 tips to keep that body looking fab while at the beach:
- Sunscreen– This is probably the most important. That SPF number tells you how long you can stay in the sun without getting burned. An SPF of 15 means that you can be in the sun for fifteen times longer without burning than you’d be able to without sunscreen. BUT, do not let that be your guide. Salt water, chlorine, and sweat all have effects on sunscreen. Even the waterproof ones. So apply generously and often.
- Moisturize– At the end of the day, get a shower with a good moisturizing soap and then follow it up with a good application of lotion. All that sweat, and salt and chlorine eats the nutrients from your skin. Replenish it.
- Aloe Vera is your friend – A known anti-inflammatory that also provides moisturizing relief, applying aloe vera-containing products after exposure to the sun will calm and soothe your skin. Plus, the antioxidant properties help repair damaged skin.
- Use cream eye shadow– It’s generally more water resistant than powder. Also, less likely to clump and clog pores from sweat than the powder form.
- Use a clarifying shampoo- and a UV ray protectant styling spray. It’s not just blondes who have to worry about chlorine, salt, and sun going to town on hair color.