Awright y’all, this recipe is a no brainer. Easy peazy and oh so good. And you can prep this the night before. Great as a brunch crowd pleaser or as an easy grab and go for breakfast all week.
And yes you can even cook it and freeze it. Just bake it in a freezer safe dish.Defrost in fridge night before planning to eat and then cook for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 until warmed through.
- 12 oz. Buttermilk Biscuit Dough
- 6 eggs
- Package peppered gravy mix ( enough for 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 350* . Grease a 9×14 pan
- Brown Sausage and drain thouroughly
- Line bottom of pan with biscuits cut into 1″ pieces
- Layer sausage
- Layer Cheese
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pout over layers
- Make gravy according to directions. Pour over above
- Bake 30-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through
If you choose to prepare this the night before, you will need to increase the cooking time by about 20 minutes. Just make sure the eggs set. If it gets too brown on top before setting. A foil vent will prevent that.