Awright y’all, this recipe is a no brainer. Easy peazy and oh so good. And you can prep this the night before. Great as a brunch crowd pleaser or as an easy grab and go for breakfast all week.
And yes you can even cook it and freeze it. Just bake it in a freezer safe dish.Defrost in fridge night before planning to eat and then cook for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 until warmed through.
Egg, Biscuit and Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough I like Grands because they are bigger
- 6 eggs
- 1 2 3/4 ounce package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage any flavor
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through. (read tips above)