Great recipe for tomato basil relish. This is great as a topper for burgers. Perfect as a spread on your favorite toasted French or Italian loaf of bread. Treat it as a dipper if you like for chips or crackers.
- 1 Heirloom or Cherokee; or 3/4 pound red or roma tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 6 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp ground rosemary
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
First seed tomatoes using these 3 steps:
- Place your tomato on a cutting board, stem side facing up.
- Roll the tomato sideways so the stem faces to the right, and cut the tomato down the center “equator” line into two halves.
- Use a small spoon (I use a quarter teaspoon) to scoop the tomato seeds and any tough white core out of the four seed cavities.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes,rosemary and garlic. Sauté until tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes. Add Basil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.