Severe weather rolled through the South late afternoon Monday. Over 20 tornadoes hit Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi.
- 1 dead in Louisiana
- 2 dead in Alabama
- People are still reported trapped in their homes in DeRidder, Louisiana
- A long track tornado destroyed parts of Alexandria, Louisiana
- As of Monday evening, the NOAA Storm Prediction Center had received at least 27 preliminary reports of tornadoes. Several of these were already confirmed by the National Weather Service.
- Town Creek, Alabama lost a husband and wife whose home was destroyed by a tornado
- Vernon Parish, Louisiana had one death as a tornado cut a 63 mile path through the state.
- 1,000s are without power. Many roads are closed throughout all 3 states. Those planning holiday travel should check with local sources before travelling.
- Strong thunderstorms and isolated tornadoes are expected for the Southern areas of the East Coast.