There’s absolutely no excuse to not have pink, soft lips. We all do want a beautiful pout and without any extra efforts, every day.
While picking a lipstick can be a daily dilemma, what if we tell you some secrets that would make you forget your makeup?
Fuller and brighter lips are the most appealing to look at but unfortunately, sun exposure and chemicals present in our make up products can cause a little discoloration to our lips.
Read further if you want to know how to get those pink plump lips naturally.
What can cause dryness and discoloration?
Do you make that extra effort to take out your pot balm and put a coat of lip oil or gel over your chapped lips or are you the lazy kind and just lick them when lips feel dry? If you chose option two, you need to change a few things.
Our lips are really delicate and there are no oil glands present on the skin of our lips, that is why we need to moisturize it pretty often.
If you lick your lips it can damage them further, making them chapped and bleeds. Sun exposure and dehydration can also lead to dry and chapped lips.
Fordyce spots can be another issue that can make your lips look a little dry and unhealthy. These can occur on the edges of your lips.
What are Fordyce spots?
These whitish-yellow bumps are nothing but enlarged oil glands. These are pretty normal and completely harmless, also barely visible.
These can be caused due to a food reaction or just some environmental change and there’s nothing to worry about.
Here are some natural remedies for Fordyce spots,
A natural source of antibacterial properties, take a crushed clove with lukewarm water, empty Fordyce for about 10 days. It can prevent allergies and reduce Fordyce spots naturally.
- Coconut oil
It can make the chapped skin smooth and healthy, it is equally effective to treat the Fordyce spots and soothe the affected skin. Apply a few drops, twice a day and you’ll notice the changes within a week.
This is an extremely effective treatment for Fordyce spots. It works as a natural astringent and prevents any kind of microbial infection. Apply some with a cotton pad twice a day and you’ll see them fading.
Here’s the part that you’ve been waiting for, let’s get straight to some of the most tried and tested methods of softening the lips and making them pink and plump.
Natural remedies to make lips pink naturally
Before we go ahead and discuss the actual ways, don’t forget to drink some water. Hydration is the key to plump and healthy skin as well as lips. If you can’t drink plain water, try making some infused water with fresh fruits and a few slices of cucumber and mint leaves. This will make the water more refreshing and a little flavored.
Exfoliation is extremely important to get rid of dead skin cells, the same goes with our lips as well. Here are a few amazing lip scrubs that you can try at home
- Sugar& Honey scrub: While sugar naturally exfoliates the dead skin, honey soothes and moisturizes the chapped lips making them look fuller and plump.
- Coffee & Coconut scrub: Coffee can lighten the dark areas and coconut can moisturize the lips. The little grainy particles of coffee gently clean the dead skin and the scrub makes the lips look pink and fresh.
A lip mask can deeply repair your lips and make them appear pink and soft instantly, here are a few options of natural lip masks that you can make at home
- Turmeric & Yogurt mask: Turmeric is a rich source of antibacterial properties and can heal the chapped lips really quick. Yogurt provides a cooling and soothing experience, making lips naturally bright and plump.
- Honey Mask: Honey is an extremely powerful healing ingredient and can help to lighten the discoloration instantly, just out some honey and let it get absorbed.
There are many forms of lip balms available in the market but rarely any of them is chemicals and paraben-free, you can make your own lip balm/gel with natural ingredients
- Aloe & Honey lip gel: Mix both of these in equal portions and you’ve your own lip gel. Aloe Vera has various medicinal properties and can effectively treat discoloration, honey is a natural moisturizer and can soothe the chapped and dry lips.
- Lemon & Almond lip oil: Lemon is a naturally occurring skin lightening agent and almond can hydrate the deepest layers of your lips.
Follow these simple steps to make your lips look plump, pink and smooth, naturally. Don’t forget to hydrate and moisturize your lips.
Emylee is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences related to natural remedies, yoga and fitness through her writing. She currently writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.