As predicted, 2020 Easter Sunday will be remembered for more than the pandemic. It will be remembered as deadly.
Severe storms and tornados pounded the South, leaving 22 dead so far. Here is what we know:
- At least 11 of the dead are from Mississippi. Four in Jefferson Davis County, two in Jones, two in Lawrence, and one each in Carroll, Panola and Walthall counties.
- 1.2 million are without power as of 10:00 a.m. this morning
- Storms continue to pound the Carolinas at the writing of this article
- 4 are dead in South Carolina
- In Murray County Georgia near the Tennessee-Georgia Border another 5 have been found dead as a tornado ravaged that county
- At least 20 people had to be taken to hospitals and more than 150 structures were damaged or destroyed in Hamilton County, which surrounds Chattanooga, Tennessee. Parts of Chattanooga were included in the damage.
- Jefferson County, Arkansas, on Sunday, a person also died when a tree fell on a home.
- 300 homes were damaged by a tornado in Monroe, Louisiana on Sunday. (Drone video above).