CJ Solar will make his Grand Ole Opry debut on Saturday, September 7. He has said he was 12 years old, when he and his family attended the Opry while on a vacation in Nashville. Dierks Bentley, Brad Paisley and Blake Shelton performed on the show, and CJ decided that very night he wanted to move to Nashville to be a country artist. CJ’s new single, “Coming My Way,” will arrive at Country radio on August 27. The single will be the title track to his upcoming third EP.
- A few days ago, CJ and his band had a scare when their van and trailer were involved in a crash as they headed to Morgantown, West Virginia to open for Hank Williams, Jr. at the Wild & Wonderful Country Fest. In heavy rain, a passing car hydroplaned and struck CJ’s vehicle. Both vehicles sustained damage but thankfully nobody was injured and CJ was able to continue on safely to the gig. Tour updates and news at CJSolar.com
“I Know Country” Q&A from www.IKnowCountry.com
Who earned a Number One single on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart on this date in 1993 with “Can’t Break It To My Heart”?
In between other gigs, Garth Brooks is getting up-close-and-personal with a short series of intimate performances in small venues. He’s just announced his third Dive Bar concert will be at Gruene Hall in Gruene, Texas, on Monday, September 23rd. The first two Dive Bar stops were Joe’s on Weed Street in Chicago in July and Buck Owens’ Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, CA in August. Garth made the announcement on Inside Studio G, his weekly Facebook live series. Tickets will be available to win exclusively through country radio. Garth Brooks and Blake Shelton’s new single, “Dive Bar” can be streamed exclusively on Amazon Music. “Dive Bar” will be on Garth’s upcoming album, Fun, which will be released soon. More details at www.garthbrooks.com
Tanya Tucker has just released a new album titled While I’m Livin’ her first new album in 17 years. Talking about the album’s title, While I’m Livin,’ Tanya told Parade magazine: ”If you’ve got something to say to somebody, you should bring them flowers now. It’s a waste of flowers to bring them when they’re gone, when someone dies.” The album was produced by Brandi Carlile and Shooter Jennings.
- Tanya has released “The House That Built Me,” a track from the album and is a cover of the song made famous by Miranda Lambert. However, in Tanya’s version, the lyrics have been adapted to reflect the journey of a mother revisiting the home where she raised her family in order to find herself again.
“Unbroken Circle” is an original video series featuring singer-songwriter Carly Pearce, produced by the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in support of the exhibit American Currents. Over the course of multiple days, Pearce digs for inspiration and makes memories in the Museum’s archives and galleries along with her friends and collaborators Jeannie Seely, Emily Shackelton, busbee, and Michael Ray. You can watch all four episodes now, exclusively on the Museum’s YouTube channel. More CMHoF info at https://countrymusichalloffame.org/
Billboard Country Airplay Top 5 for the week of August 26
- “Rearview Town” Jason Aldean
- “Beer Never Broke My Heart” Luke Combs
- “The Ones That Didn’t Make It Back Home” Justin Moore
- “Knockin’ Boots” Luke Bryan
- “All to Myself” Dan + Shay
“I Know Country” Q&A Answer
Tracy Lawrence. It was the second single from his album Alibis.
On this day in Country Music
Aug. 28, 1968 Tammy Wynette recorded “Stand By Your Man” that began with an idea from producer Billy Sherrill, who has said they wrote the song together in only 15 minutes.
This week’s Country Music Birthdays
August 26 Brian Kelley (FGL), 1985
August 27 Jeff Cook (Alabama), 1949
Jeffrey Steele (songwriter & member of Boy Howdy), 1961
Colt Ford, 1969
August 28 Shania Twain, 1965
Jake Owen, 1981
Cassadee Pope, 1989
Sept. 1 Conway Twitty, 1933 (died June 5, 1993)
Preshias Harris is the author of “I Know Country” with 366 daily country music questions and answers. You can buy and instantly download your e-book copy at www.IKnowCountry.com.
Preshias is also a music career development consultant with the emphasis on new and aspiring artists and songwriters. Visit www.collegeofsongology.com for more details. Follow her blog at www.nashvillemusicline.com