2 hours cook time here, depending on pasta and brand and your crock pot it could take 3. So, it does require a little babysitting at the 2 hour mark.
Other than that, you know we love easy, and this is an easy spicy bacon mac and cheese recipe so here ya go!
Ingredients and directions:
- 2 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 5 strips cooked smoked bacon, diced
- 1 Large or 2 small fresh jalapenos. Seeded and diced (wash hands well afterwards)
- 1 small sweet vidalia onion diced
- 1 tsp hickory smoked sea salt (kosher salt if you don’t have)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 4 oz. Velveeta cubed
- 8 oz. Sharp cheddar. Either fresh grated or shredded bag
- 4 oz. Monterrey Jack.
- (NOTE: Or you could go with 12 oz. of shredded Mexican Blend for a different flavor)
- Throw your veggies into bottom of slow cooker.
- Turn on cooker to low
- Whisk your milks, salt and pepper pour into crock pot.
- Pour in your macaroni. Press down with a spatula or such. If it’s not covered all of the way don’t stress, it’s ok.
- Now top with butter then cheeses
- Top with bacon
- IMPORTANT: To keep condensation from dripping into mixture, take a towel and place over top before putting on cover. When checking the towel will also help to grab excess moisture, preventing your mixture from becoming watery.
- Stir an hour into cooking. Check again at an hour and half for wellness, every 30 minutes after until done.
- Crumbled Ritz crackers on each serving adds an extra punch