The children slept in. You have finally caught a break from the in-laws. A good night’s rest has been had. But now, what for breakfast? Open up the fridge and bam!!!! Leftovers!!! Ham,turkey (unless you used it all for our slow cooker turkey and dumplins recipe), mashed potatoes, eggs from cooking, maybe a ‘lil sausage and bacon not used in recipes. Here are some ideas for breakfast recipes that are perfect for that morning after Christmas and to make some room in the fridge at the same time.
Easy Breakfast Quiche
- Frozen 9″ pie shell or refrigerated 9″ pie shell- for those with gluten issues.. no crust, just grease pie pan and pour in ingredients
- 1 cup ham or turkey or both
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon… optional
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground rosemary …optional
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese- type does not matter, just whatever you got leftover.
Preheat oven to 375*
Unroll pie crust if needed and place in pie pan
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper, rosemary
throw meat, and cheese into pie shell
Pour on egg mixture.. bake 35-40 minutes or until you can pull a toothpick cleanly out of the center.. let set 5 minutes before cutting.
Yes this can be made the night before and refrigerated,
Mashed Potato Pancakes
- 2 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. ground rosemary
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp fresh chives if you have them
Combine everything in a bowl and mix
Heat skillet to medium high. spoon mixture into hot oil, press flat with spatula.
Cover and cook until bottom is crispy. Flip if you want both sides crispy.
Add 1/2 Cup shredded cheese or 1/4 cupchopped bacon .
Got some white gravy sitting around? Maybe some leftover sausage from sausage balls? White Sausage gravy is awesome over the top.. But, brown gravy will get’er done too.