So you are coming to Louisville. And, after a long day of horse racing and a longer night of bourbon sampling, all you want is some good ‘ol breakfast to start the new day.
After much research, we think we have found the top 5 places to grab breakfast/brunch in Louisville:
- Wild Eggs– With 4 locations in Louisville, this breakfast/brunch spot has a menu loaded with awesomeness. Apple Bourbon Crepes, Wild Chicken and Waffles (chicken infused waffle with Nashville Hot Chicken Breast) , Kalamity Katie’s Border Benedict (Green chile corn cakes topped with chorizo and eggs) highlight the expansive menu.
- Toast On Market– Serving Breakfast and Lunch all day, Toast on Market is a local favorite in the heart of Downtown Louisville. Homemade granola, Atlantic Omelette ( smoked salmon) , French toast and lemon souffle pancakes highlight the menu.
- Harvest – Louisvillians all know farmer Ivor Chodkowski, the man who helped put the farm in Louisville’s farm-to-table movement. Now, he and other community partners bring a true farm to table experience. Brunch is only served Friday-Sunday. Daily specials are posted in advance on their Facebook page. Regular brunch items include pretzel croissants, Farmer’s Omelette made with seasonal ingredients, or open those sinuses with Harvest Deviled Eggs.
- Blue Dog Bakery and Cafe – Located in Cresent Hill, this artisanal bakery is known for it’s breads and pastries. They are open for Brunch from 9:00 a.m. until noon and lunch until 2:00 Tuesday thru Saturday. Specialties include a Poached Free-Range Egg & Bacon Pizza with Arugula. Also, the Spicy Tuna, Fresh Mozzarella, Avocado sandwich.
- The Silver Dollar– Think 1950s Bakersfield California Diner meets Southern Honky Tonk specializing in whiskey by the drink. Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.- 3p.m. Specialties (besides whiskey) include Flank & eggs- grilled coffee & spice rubbed steak, two over easy eggs + roasted poblano sauce. The SD Dog- cornbread pancake battered, smoked breakfast sausage + maple syrup. And finally: Chili Cheese Hash Brown- Texas-style or vegetarian with scallion & cheddar.