Sometimes you just get a hankering for good ol’ Southern comfort food. And there are plenty of options in Jackson, Ms. Whether it be some slow and low BBQ, fresh seafood dishes, or true Southern soul food dishes, Jackson has it covered.
Here are some picks for Y’all. Or check out the video above from the visitjackson.com website for a full tour.
- Pig and Pint: This is how you do BBQ in about as many ways as you can think. Makin’ it up? Know anywhere else you can get a Pork Belly Corndogs? Oh yeah, for the more distinct tastes, get ’em with a side of tomato-ginger jam. Closed Sundays.
- E & L BBQ : Started by Eddie and Lula, their namesake E&L Barbeque has been serving the Jackson area premium smoked ribs, tips and hot links for almost 30 years! It ain’t pretty, but, with BBQ this good it don’t have to be.
Jackson Seafood and Soulfood
- The Crawdad Hole : If you have been reading our articles, you know we are celebrating the crawdad this month. Boiled seafood, tamales,turkey necks and gumbo: that’s all they do here. Again, don’t let the decor fool you, this is the real deal. BYOB.
- Drago’s : When you sell your own charbroiled oyster kit you must be doing something right. Drago and Klara Cvitanovich opened the restaurant in 1969. They set out to offer delicious seafood and a good time to guests for a reasonable price. The family and 400+ employees still carry on the tradition today. The charbroiled oysters are considered “The Single Best Bite of Food in Town”.
- Bully’s – Traditional meat and 3 with great soul food options like ox tail.