In two marquise match-ups, Sunday will give us this year’s Super Bowl match-ups by day’s end. A peek and our picks sponsored by The Party Stadium Ready 2 Fold.
Sunday 2:05 p.m.(CST)- Titans at Chiefs- CBS – It’s the power of the pass v. the power of the run. It’s the first time in 17 years that the name Roethlisberger, Manning, or Brady won’t be called. It’s the “Gunslinger” v. “The King” . In Week 10 on November 10, The Titans beat the Chiefs 35-32. Since then the Chiefs haven’t lost a game. Neither defense showed up that day. This time should be different.
Weather conditions will not be a factor on a heated field in the sunshine. A high of 27* with 10 mph winds is all that has to be dealt with. On the injury front for KC , defensive juggernaut Chris Jones practiced Friday on a limited basis as he deals with a calf injury. TE Travis Kelce has had some hammy issues. On the Titans side, they are banged up at LB. But, Chris Long and Rashaan Evans look good to go. Jayon Brown is a question mark. WR Adam Humphries looks likely to get the green light.
So, what about my pick? I mean after going 4-0 last week, I am sure this is what you are waiting for. I’ll go with my heart again – Titans 35 Chiefs 34 . Pick: Titans
Packers at 49ers – 5:40 p.m. (CST) – FOX – 2 young coaches. The grizzled veteran at QB v. the up and comer. Two of the best at their positions on opposite sides of the ball. This one is lining up to be an instant classic.
Weather not a factor. Sunny with a temps in the upper 50s. Earlier in the season the Packers were thoroughly thrashed by the score of 39-7. This time a closer game is expected.
5 Keys To The Game:
- Keep Aaron Rodgers upright. Earlier this season they sacked him 5 times . and that was without Dee Ford.
- Stop the run game. That’s both sides. The 49ers multi talented backfield v. Jones, who is under rated this year.
- DeVante Adams v. Richard Sherman- ’nuff said
- Shanahan v. LeFleur- The chess match of play calling should be awesome.
- Rodgers is 1-4 against top ranked defenses. I think too much Kittle and too much D. 49ers 21 Packers 10 – PICK: 49ers