So you want to visit Dallas, but, you want to do it on a budget. Here are some tips , and ideas for places to visit that will be easy on any traveler’s budget
- Get your City Pass– A $51 (adults) or $25 (children) City Pass gets you into the following for a savings of about 39%. The pass is also available to download to your phone for convenience.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science
- Reunion Tower GeO-Deck
- The Sixth Floor Museum OR Dallas Zoo
- George W. Bush Presidential Library & Museum OR Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
2. Travel like a Local – From the DART system to free buses, free trolleys, and tip based efrogs. There are plenty of ways to travel on the cheap in Dallas. For all the options click here.
3. Perfect Skyline Sunset View – Catch the perfect view of the Dallas skyline at sunset while standing on the Ronald Kirk Pedestrian Bridge — a footbridge located over the Trinity River. The bridge runs parallel to the majestic Margaret Hunt Hill bridge and is the ideal spot for a skyline selfie shot.
4. Art For All – The free Dallas Museum of Art, includes a glimpse of several recreated rooms from Coco Chanel’s Mediterranean villa.
5. Walk Through History – Don’t forget your Selfie Stick as you stand among the 49 massive bronze longhorn cattle sculptures at Pioneer Plaza, the site of the 1850s Shawnee Trail. Meander through time at Dallas Heritage Village and immerse yourself in history as you stop by the general store or visit a Civil War-era farm complete with livestock.
These are just a few of the great things Dallas has to offer on the cheap! See the complete list here.