Recently 7,000 CraftBeer.com readers took a survey stating there favorite places to find craft beer selections.
The survey took about a month from December 2018 to January 2019. Bars had to be nominated by the readers, and they had to explain why they were nominating them. Categories included included atmosphere, staff, beer selection and extraordinary events.
And here are the winners in the South Y’all:
- Alabama – Loosa Brews in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. A pinball parlor and 63 beers on tap were deciding factors
- Arkansas – Flying Saucer in Little Rock, Ar. A “Ghost Beer” program and 245 beers got them the vote.
- Florida – Oil Well Craft Beer in Ave Maria, Fl. (Just outside of Naples). 20 rotating taps of craft beers in this newly created Florida town.
- Georgia– Brick Store Pub in Decatur, Georgia. Serving craft beer for 21 years, and made from scratch food menu.
- Kentucky – Holy Grale in Louisville, Kentucky. It’s in a 114 year old church with over 100 beer choices.
- Louisiana – Avenue Pub in New Orleans, La. 245 beers. Open 24 Hours. 30+ years old.
- Maryland- Max’s Taphouse in Baltimore, Md. World renown. Features a Belgian Beerfest and a Sour Beer Fest.
- Mississippi – The Porter in Hattiesburg, Ms. True public house experience with in house made craft beers.
- Missouri – Friendship Brewing in Wentzville, Mo. A suburb of St. Louis, this “brewseum” was started by friends.
- North Carolina – Craft Centric Taproom and Bottle Shop in Arden, NC. Part taproom, part bottle shop, part nanobrewery.
- Oklahoma – McNellie’s in Tulsa, Ok. 50 taps in an old Irish pub feel.
- South Carolina – The Craft Stand in Lancaster, SC. Just outside of Charlotte. Over 300 beers including 30 rotating taps.
- Tennessee – Hops and Hollers in Knoxville, Tn. Bocce ball, ping pong and puppies.
- Texas– Thistle Draft Shop in Spring, Tx. An eclectic craft beer bar that features independent craft beer, craft food, wine, and local coffee just outside of Houston.
- Virginia – Harry’s Alehouse in Fredricksburg, Virginia. Knowledgeable staff and 70+ beers.
Want to see the full list for the country? Click here. Y’all think they missed someone? Let us know and tell us why!